Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Edwards & Pearce are working with a widely recognised company that supply into the construction industry who are looking to recruit an Estimator to their team. This is a permanent role that offers plenty of opportunity for progression and development.
As Estimator, the main duties of the role will include, but not be limited to:
* Read and examine enquiry documentation to determine the requirements for the project.
* Determine quantities from drawings or bills of quantities if provided.
* Calculate material and labour costs from price lists.
* Obtain prices from sub-contractors for non-standard elements as necessary.
* Where necessary in conjunction with the Sales Manager, Estimating Manager or Managing Director determine the contribution to be added to the costs to arrive at the overall selling figure.
* Produce an Estimate which includes Tender report, specification, and any other relevant information to provide a clear and concise offer to carry out the works.
* Understands and has experience of estimating internal fit out of Data Centres, specifically, RAF, Air Flow Panels, Structural Ceilings and Hot / Cold Aisle Containment systems
* CAD, 3D modelling experience (Solidworks / Revit) desirable but not essential
* Good knowledge of M&E services
* Ability to work on own and as part of a team
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Edwards & Pearce is a professional recruitment consultancy with specialist divisions managed by experts in their own area of recruitment
* Established in 1998
* Employ approx 30 staff
* 2 offices in Doncaster & Hull
* Edwards & Pearce operates according to a strict ethical code and aims to offer both candidates and clients the highest levels of professionalism and customer service.
* Edwards & Pearce has an enviable client base including plc's, blue chip organisations and SME's , global FMCG manufacturing, the public sector, charities and the Big 4 accountancy firms achieving preferred supplier status with many clients
* From the 2 offices based in Yorkshire, Edwards & Pearce successfully recruit for not only local, regional and national clients but has also undertaken and filled international assignments.
* It is the policy of Edwards & Pearce to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law